1. To create the first project, click on the Projects icon in the homepage or the click the Work menu then select Projects.
2. Fill in the necessary details in the Create New Project page. These details can be changed anytime if the project is active:
Start and End Date – The lifespan of the project. Staff will not be able to track time outside of these dates
Status – can choose between:
• Active – staff can enter timesheets and data can be exported
• Archived – data cannot be entered or exported until project is activated
• Closed – data cannot be entered nor retrieved from the project• Inactive – staff cannot enter timesheets, but data can be exported
Invoice method – Sets whether the project will be billable or what the bill will be based on. It has the following options:
• Not Billable (”This Project is not billable”) – the project does not record the dollar cost or price of tasks or staff. Choose this if time tracking is for internal company use only
• Billable (”This Project is billable, and we invoice by”) – the project records the cost or price of tasks or staff. This can be used for internal departments or external customers. o Manual Billing (”Do not use hourly rate”) – the project bill is computed manually based on the number of billable tasks
• Task Hourly Rate– the project bill is computed based on the total number of hours of each billable task multiplied by its hourly rate
• Personnel Hourly Rate – the project bill is computed based on the total number of working hours of each person multiplied by his or her hourly rate. Projects are usually billed this way.
• Project Hourly Rate – the project bill is computed based on total number of project hours logged multiplied by a single project rate.
• Budget – shows the allocated number of hours for the project, task, or person. The budget can be changed while the project is active.
• No budget – hours is not recorded
• Total Project Hours – the project is set to run for a set number of hours• Hours per task – each task is allocated a number of hours during the life of the project
• Hours per person – each person has an allocated number of hours to work on the project
Tasks – Only you or your administrator can create tasks. Both the task and people lists have columns on the right show the rates and budget of each person and task depending on the billing and budgeting method applied.
People – Only your administrator can create user accounts and teams. You can only add the user accounts and teams that your administrator has already added. The budget and hourly rate of each person will show in the right column if you chose to base the budget and invoicing on people. You can delete and add people anytime during the course of the project and can assign more than one manager to a project.